Sunday, February 13, 2011

New "baby" in the house!

Little did I know we'd have a new "baby in the house this weekend!  Here she is and her name is Melody.  Yes, John bought me an early birthday present!  We'll actually be celebrating my birthday all year (why not???) since it isn't until July!  We bought her at the Dublin Sewing Center....amazing store with excellent service.  Melody comes with free "owners" classes at the sewing center....I have lots to learn, but did manage to complete a few projects this weekend.  


The first project was inspired by the owner of my favorite shop in Carmel, "Findings"!  The owner had turned an old lace handkerchief in to a sachet for lavender seeds....so, I bought some lavender and whipped up a creation of my own.....here are a couple of shots: 














My final project of the day was a fabric clutch for Melody's manuals....I wanted to make a clutch so that the manuals are easy to find in my study!  This was inspired by a Kindle clutch made by Angie Juda on her "Chic n Scratch" blog (http://www.chicnscratchlive.com/2009/12/kindle-clutch.html)!  












Wishing you all a Happy Valentine's Day!  Stay tuned for our next post.....our new wall of art!  It's John's latest creation and it's going to be amazing!!! 

No comments: