Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Peanut Butter Balls

By popular demand, here's the recipe for my mom's Peanut Butter Balls (pic in earlier post):

Peanut Butter Balls (very yummy) - 1999

3 cups Wheaties
2 cups Chunky Peanut-Butter
1 box powdered sugar (or 3 1/2 cups)
1 stick butter or oleo ( I like butter) & I melt in microwave

Crush Wheaties in a zip lock bag until you measure 3 cups

Add butter, peanut-butter and mix ,then adding powered sugar, you
may think this will never mix but it will, just keep mixing.
Shape into the size balls you want, I like very small and this will
make around 65. Put wax paper on cookie sheet & ref. for 2 hrs. or longer
until ready to dip.

In double boiler Melt 2 oz. of Baking Chocolate (Semi-Sweet)plus 6 oz. pkg. of
choc. chips semi-sweet and 1/3 bar of paraffin (slice in thin slices) ( remember to put a
little water in your bouble boiler, so to melt the choc.)

To Dip: I use toothpicks or two forks.  (Carolyn's note:  to allow the dipped balls to dry, I cut a large baking potato in half....place the cut side on waxed paper and then stick the toothpicks in the potato half....silly, but it works like a charm.)

Good Luck.
From:Jane McNabb, Butler, Mo.

No comments: