I spent some time creating "party favors" for our guests....a Thanksgiving themed gift box with a handmade Christmas ornament. Here's the one I did for Allison, John's youngest niece:
We received telephone greetings from Janie, Pat, and Charlotte (kids were watching a movie, I believe) as they were driving back to KC from Columbia, Mo. Sending out special thoughts and prayers to Charlotte as she transitions to living with the wonderful and loving memories of her Scotty.
Our Thanksgiving dinner was especially delicious this year! In addition to the turkey, mashed potatoes, and gravy (courtesy of John), I managed to sneak in sweet potatoes and oyster dressing that most enjoyed (I LOVED it); Cathy made an excellent cranberry mold; David prepared a spinach salad with bacon, pear, and curried cashews (here he is with Kay)
; Ida Marie treated us to a green bean casserole (and a game of Wii golf and bowling with Allison)
; and Kay topped off the meal with a delicious pumpkin pie! A wonderful time was had by all!! 
Today, John and I enjoyed a drive out to Lake del Valle (about 30 minutes from home) before heading to the cinema to see "Australia." What a terrific production....great story, beautiful scenery, and wonderful talent! Highly recommend.
No comments:
Post a Comment